The last month has been a big one for Karsten (and Eric and I!). He successfully received all 6 of his vaccinations. I decided to do these in two separate visits spaced out over the month for two reasons. 1. I couldn't stand to see his little chubby legs get stabbed by 5 needles and 2. There are a few studies floating around that when children receive all vaccines at once, they are at a higher risk for autism. Not going to risk it, so it was an easy decision to split up the shots.
He handled them really well- better than I would have!
We're coming up to the 3 month mark, and it's astonishing to see his personality form. The biggest aspect of his little personality jumped out at me pretty early on- Karsten is a total ham. He loves people, getting his picture taken and being interacted with.
Last night, we took him "contra-dancing," also known as barn dancing. He was the star of the show. It was amazing to see him interact with my coworkers and complete strangers. Every time someone came over to say hi, he would cheese it up with gigantic smiles, very loud "goo gah woo" sounds and clapping his hands.
Karsten has also started to get a little attitude. There are times when he will be sitting in his bouncer with one of his stuffed toys and he will rip his binky out and scream at the toy. He then proceeds to smack his toy until I move it. Kind of a "get out of my personal bubble you creepy little stuffed lamb!" reaction.
Daycare has been amazing. The women at the Lutheran church we take him to shower him with love, and I can tell being around the older babies helps with Karsten's development.
Pictures to come soon! I have a million of them and need to pick the top few to post.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment