Before we had Karsten, we did a lot of shopping and guessing what kind of baby items we would need. We listened to a lot of advice and made a lot of purchases for the little guy.
Of course, I will always love buy his clothes and cute toys, but there are a few key items that have made our lives easier and Karsten very happy.
1. Vibrating bouncy swing- Eric's sister Jane purchased this for us. We use it for a huge portion of the day, every day. Karsten has acid reflux, and so we have to keep him upright for about 30 minutes after feeding and whenever he isn't napping. The incline on the swing lets us set him down for awhile and keeps him entertained. He often falls asleep in the swing and he loves the music it plays.
2. Dr. Brown's bottles- Because we are bottle-feeding Karsten with the milk I get from pumping, we had to find a good brand of bottles. His acid relux and gas has definitely declined since we started using these.
3. Nuk binkies- Karsten loves these. We have about 10 different brands, but these are the only ones he keeps in his mouth for an extended period of time. Plus, they are orthodontic.
4. Sleepy Sheep- The cute little stuffed sheep that plays nature sounds is perfect for Karsten's nap times. At night, we always have waves playing over our speakers but during the day the sheep helps keep the baby relaxed and fall asleep.
5. Baby Ka'tan sling- I love this thing!! It's a super easy to use sling that I can put on really quickly and secures Karsten while I'm walking around in the apartment or outside.
I'm sure as Karsten keeps growing we'll find more items that we all love :)
No comments:
Post a Comment