With Grandpa (my dad)
With Nana (my mom)
Dr. Seeker with a very sleepy Karsten post-circumsicion
The first night back home, and all of the nights the first week, were terrifying.
Is the baby in our bed?!? No...that was just the dog moving.
Why is he crying?!? Hungry...again.
Why is my phone alarm going off at 3:45 am?!?! Time to feed the baby.
Stay awake, stay awake! You're still feeding the baby!
Ya, it was all new territory. After discovering that I wasn't producing enough milk, and a teary-eyed trip to the ER because I was worried he was starving, we started supplementing breast milk with formula. I set up a meeting with a lactation consultant and rented a pump.
I started pumping eight times a day for 15 minutes...hard to fit in when I'm with Karsten all day. It's been worth it though. He's having a lot more breastmilk and is a LOT less fussy.
Eric is the best daddy (and partner). Karsten loves when daddy holds him and rocks him.
Watching a Bob concert with daddy....
Unfortunately, Karsten also loves his binkie. It's a habit that we started and need to break asap. His favorite time to play "spit out the binkie then cry til mommy picks it up" happens to be from 1 am to 5 am....More updates on how sleep is going to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment